Thursday, June 12, 2008

VW Bus as venture capital


Mike Sinyard, founder of Specialized Bikes:

"After graduation in 1972, I decided to take a bike tour through Europe. To finance the trip, I sold my old Volkswagen bus for $1,500. Three months into the tour, after riding from Amsterdam to Milan, I met a Swiss woman at a hostel and started talking to her about biking. She knew a few Italian cyclists and said she would help me land a meeting with key staff at Campagnolo and Cinelli, two big Italian bicycle manufacturers. Up to that point, I had been traveling in a pair of jeans and a sweater I hadn't washed in a couple of months, so I spent some of my remaining money on a suit so I wouldn't look like a bum."

Apparently, he has earned enough money to buy a replacement...

You can read the whole article here.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO